Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dr. Hamilton Greenwood

Here's another photo Dad took, this one of Dr. H.H. (Ham) Greenwood and his 26 pound Kamloop taken in 1954. He also caught a premie from my Mother on May 8 of the next year at Lake City General Hospital (yup, can you believe I was an incubator baby? fooled all of them!). Ham and his wife, Mary, lived in a beautiful house on Government Way and I loved to visit when I was a little kid. He had the biggest, most comfortable leather chair in a room just off from the front door. He looked sort of like Captain Kangaroo and he had this wonderful deep voice with a great laugh and a great sense of humor. Just another wonderful local who I got to know as a kid growing up in CdA.

4 comments:

  1. Dave, I was an incubator baby at Lake city General Hospital also! They say that is why I have always had glasses. Mike Halpern, "Reds" son, has one of the bricks from the hospital in his office down at the college. Mike would be a great contact for Cd'A history info, I am sure his dad saved everything and Mike is just like Red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so weak my folks had a friend warn them that I probably wouldn't make it. Ha! We fooled them, huh?

    Anyone you can pass this onto would be great, I may have lived here 54 years but I sure don't remember everything. Always looking for more feedback, comments and input.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't his office down on Sherman ave?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was above Dingles (now Sports Center).

    ReplyDelete